I love me some classic Doctor Who, but honestly every episode pans out pretty much the same. At least in "New Who," the monsters aren't always green...
Actually, to be fair, New Who goes more like:
1. The TARDIS lands on the wrong planet / in the wrong time (probably London)
2. Daleks, Cybermen, or other sentient washing machines try to kill everyone (The entire Earth is in Peril!)
3. The Doctor promises to save everyone.
4. Many people are not saved.
5. The Doctor gets angry and goes super-saiyan.
6. The Doctor is comforted in his tragic loneliness by his latest fawning companion.